bored at work again mini fire pit

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
steamjam

bored at work again mini fire pit

Post by steamjam » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:49 pm

i was bored today at work again. I looked around the roundhouse and found an old two piece Golf cart wheel, and in the scrap metal bin I found an old Gas stove pot grill.. Took one half of the plit wheel and made a quasi miniature camp fire pit thingie out of it to see how it would work. Ill try it next Sunday night when I'm in the woods.

irrationalsolutions

Re: bored at work again mini fire pit

Post by irrationalsolutions » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:49 pm

i wish i got that bored at work! :lol:

there is always more to do for me. :cry:
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:26 pm

I try to keep my "work" away from my "nonwork"--but I have to walk by my "nonwork" when I hit the head or the coffee maker.. :roll:
On the other hand ..I don't really need more camping junk than I already have.. :roll: ..but the ideas keep rolling through the ol' brain... :roll: ...I need to get out the snow shovel in the camping area and see exactly what projects aren't done and need finishing... :roll: ..maybe that'll "kill the urge" to make something.. :roll: ..oh well.. :roll: .. Just thinking about the "dig" makes my head and back hurt.. :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Post by zelph » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:36 pm

irrationalsolutions wrote:i wish i got that bored at work! :lol:

Start diggin through the stuff in the back room. There should be some scratch and dent containers that can be salvaged for stove use :mrgreen:

We that have stove making as a hobby can see stove related material all around us. Walking through a grocery store takes on a new meaning for us :mrgreen: Our minds wander and when we get home we realize we have forgotten to get a needed item on our list :lol: Hey!!! it happens :D

Look forward to a fire photo in your new creation steamjam.

"You looked around the roundhouse" Really????? Last time I saw a roundhouse was in my very early years in the heart of of Chicago. I used to watch the trains get turned around and placed into different slots that I imagined were they refueled, loaded with water and oiled up and then sent on their way in the opposite direction. Hmmm, they were steam locomotives :o

RG, you do need to get the shovel out and make way for more wood working tools. :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

steamjam

Post by steamjam » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:03 pm

zelph wrote:
irrationalsolutions wrote:i wish i got that bored at work! :lol:

Start diggin through the stuff in the back room. There should be some scratch and dent containers that can be salvaged for stove use :mrgreen:

We that have stove making as a hobby can see stove related material all around us. Walking through a grocery store takes on a new meaning for us :mrgreen: Our minds wander and when we get home we realize we have forgotten to get a needed item on our list :lol: Hey!!! it happens :D

Look forward to a fire photo in your new creation steamjam.

"You looked around the roundhouse" Really????? Last time I saw a roundhouse was in my very early years in the heart of of Chicago. I used to watch the trains get turned around and placed into different slots that I imagined were they refueled, loaded with water and oiled up and then sent on their way in the opposite direction. Hmmm, they were steam locomotives :o

RG, you do need to get the shovel out and make way for more wood working tools. :D
Well. Ill be fair. "roundhouses" aren't round anymore. They are just still called "roundhouses" even though they are square. Just like "cabooses" aren't cabooses to me. They are still "Temples of Knowledge" or "Hut of the Brass Hats" to me.. :)

zelph

Post by zelph » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:14 pm

Are you working in a steam engine situation? Tell us your occupation please :D I'm a retired putzzer :lol: jack of all trades type, master of none :roll:

steamjam

Post by steamjam » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:37 am

zelph wrote:Are you working in a steam engine situation? Tell us your occupation please :D I'm a retired putzzer :lol: jack of all trades type, master of none :roll:
I'm a steam train engineer and fireman, railroad I.T manager, and because of cutbacks and retirements; paperclip sorter, post it note shuffler, pencil counter, and printer ink order-er.

zelph

Post by zelph » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:07 pm

How many pencils in the drawer and on the desk? Don't look, just tell us from memory :P and also tell us how many need to be sharpened. Now that you have a printer with plenty of ink cartridges, no need for pencils....pitch em into the firebox on engine #2

Are your engines coal or wood fired? They ought to be wood fired, stacked verticle and top lit :lol: That is how I wood do it :lol:

Whoa!!! first time ever to have a steam engine engineer. A new thread needs to be started :D

steamjam

Post by steamjam » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:45 pm

zelph wrote:How many pencils in the drawer and on the desk? Don't look, just tell us from memory :P and also tell us how many need to be sharpened. Now that you have a printer with plenty of ink cartridges, no need for pencils....pitch em into the firebox on engine #2

Are your engines coal or wood fired? They ought to be wood fired, stacked verticle and top lit :lol: That is how I wood do it :lol:

Whoa!!! first time ever to have a steam engine engineer. A new thread needs to be started :D
I'm an oil runner. Which means the engines are oil fired. And there is a tradition of throwing your used up gloves and boots into the firebox... Ive thrown hundreds of sets of both.... :)

zelph

Post by zelph » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:54 pm

I was hoping wood fired :(

Gloves and boots Now that's quite the tradition :o Must be something akin to gym shoes thrown up onto telephone wires at the end of the school year. :mrgreen:

Someone once mentioned an oil fired stove in one of the threads here. It was a sphere that would have oil drawn up the center and dispersed over the top and would flow outward and down the spear.