Bored at work

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
Post Reply
steamjam
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:25 pm

Bored at work

Post by steamjam » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:40 am

I'm bored at work today, so I decided to use my desk as a workbench and start making stuff out of whatever I find laying around.

Just now I whipped up a alcohol stove pot stand. Its made out of an old Diethylene Fuel pot stand I had laying around my garage, and two short lengths of a metal coat hanger. Its small, and holds a 16oz coffee mug well enough. I managed to boil about a cup and a half of water at about 50 degrees in 3 minutes or so. (I know, not very scientific) I'm going to try it with a 34oz stainless steel water bottle next when I get get the paint off.

Image

Image

Image

oops56
Posts: 1920
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:31 am

Re: Bored at work

Post by oops56 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:26 pm

steamjam wrote:I'm bored at work today, so I decided to use my desk as a workbench and start making stuff out of whatever I find laying around.

Just now I whipped up a alcohol stove pot stand. Its made out of an old Diethylene Fuel pot stand I had laying around my garage, and two short lengths of a metal coat hanger. Its small, and holds a 16oz coffee mug well enough. I managed to boil about a cup and a half of water at about 50 degrees in 3 minutes or so. (I know, not very scientific) I'm going to try it with a 34oz stainless steel water bottle next when I get get the paint off.

Image

Image

Image
just burn the paint off as you use it no harm
Man play with fire man get burnt

User avatar
zelph
Posts: 15834
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: Bored at work

Post by zelph » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:01 pm

Everyone has a non-color stainless steel pot.........boring :D I like the color blue and would keep it that way :o ;)

Nice pot support. How well does the burner work in the confined area?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

steamjam
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:25 pm

Re: Bored at work

Post by steamjam » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:22 am

zelph wrote:Everyone has a non-color stainless steel pot.........boring :D I like the color blue and would keep it that way :o ;)

Nice pot support. How well does the burner work in the confined area?
It works well. I open a window or two when I'm goofing off with it.

User avatar
zelph
Posts: 15834
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: Bored at work

Post by zelph » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:44 pm

:lol: You get bored at work and you are able to play with stoves :o :o :o Must be nice to have a job you can do that. 8-)
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

steamjam
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:25 pm

Re: Bored at work

Post by steamjam » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:09 am

zelph wrote::lol: You get bored at work and you are able to play with stoves :o :o :o Must be nice to have a job you can do that. 8-)
Yeah well. I prefer cruisin the rails, but when I'm not out there, I'm the IT guy... And there isn't a whole lot of IT-ing to do most of the time... :)

User avatar
zelph
Posts: 15834
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: Bored at work

Post by zelph » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:52 pm

How many horsepower in the locomotives you use on the rails? Where is the barn/roundhouse located (city)
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

steamjam
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:25 pm

Re: Bored at work

Post by steamjam » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:26 pm

zelph wrote:How many horsepower in the locomotives you use on the rails? Where is the barn/roundhouse located (city)
When I was still runnin the diesels: 1800hp. And steam engines are measured in tractive effort. I
IE: total lbs of a steam engines divided by number of drive wheels that touch the rail.

Post Reply