New to fourm

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
kcatto

New to fourm

Post by kcatto » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:21 pm

I am brand new and this is my first post but I made a micro starlyte style stove about five years ago, I love this little guy... I made it cause I wanted something for my canteen cup stove that was super small and compact.... I muzzleloader hunt and I was sitting waiting on some deer when I got out a no11 cap and realized the little tin was a nice little shape and so when I got home I made the stove... It uses remote fuel now and will boil 2cups of water in my canteen cup in about 5 or 6 minutes...

lit and burning

size comparison

on top of military SVEA stove lid

This is boil test just 2 cups from tap water out of the hose in November (hunting season) outside on patio. not so scientific, just gives me an idea. looking back through picture on photobucket I totally made a mistake in this picture... this picture is my canteen cup on my trangia stove set-up I made, got the idea from a video on youtube (sjm126 original youtube video poster). my set-up is just a little different then his but not much.

I am gonna like it here so much to read and great ideas...

keven
Last edited by kcatto on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

zelph

Re: New to fourm

Post by zelph » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:47 pm

Hello new guy Keven :D Great to have first stove post with fire on a stove. :D

Once you make a Starlyte style stove you'll never go back to pressurized pop can type.

I'm impressed you got 2 cups to boil in 6 min. in your canteen cup :DBfire: That's a lot of stainless steel to heat up. I'm super impressed. What kind of fuel did you use?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

kcatto

Post by kcatto » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:31 pm

when you pointed out the time, I realized I posted the wrong picture... dang I was impressed as well.... I will have to go back and see what pictures I have, sorry for any confusion. Yes starlyte is my all time favorite stoves... they are dependable, reliable, and light. I have built a remote fuel reservoir because the little guy only holds 1/2 oz of fuel.... I used the fuel reservoir design of a guy on you tube named smokeeater908's fireplug....it works great. I always use denatured alcohol from sherwin willams get a gallon for $11.00..
Keven

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:32 pm

$11.00 is a really good price.......I'd get 2 gallons :D
Yes, smokeeater does nice work, has good ideas.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

steamjam

Post by steamjam » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:48 pm

That's pretty cool lookin.