Latest Ideas In Stove Making

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
zelph

Re: Latest Ideas In Stove Making

Post by zelph » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:47 pm

I got some burn time in today. Rained earlier in the morning. Good day for stoves. ;)

This burner will hold 3 esbit tabs. I used a Monster energy drink can for the main body and one for the flame/oxygen adjuster.

It's been a while since I burned esbit fuel tabs. It was an eye opener to smell them again, they have a strong fishy smell as you open the box and then open an individual packet. I had the garage door open when testing accept when I did the video. A breeze kept the smell going away from me.

Tomorrow I'll test the burner with a pot above it to see how clean it burns. Do a few boil tests. Maybe melt some iron when it's in the high heat mode. :mrgreen:

Venturi effect is cool how it makes the flame speed up as it goes through the reduced opening in the burner.

I can blow out the flame at any time and put the cap on the burner to save fuel for another rainy day. Burner can hold 3 fuel tabs in it. Flame adjuster can be closed completely to conserve fuel tabs. Burner with tabs inside can be put into ziploc to lock in odor.

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

zelph

Re: Latest Ideas In Stove Making

Post by zelph » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:43 am

Here is a simmering alcohol stove that I made a while back:

I had forgotten about this stove. FlatcatGear eat your simmering heart out. :mrgreen: Another alcohol stove that simmers for a looong time. :D
zelph wrote:I was able squeeze in the 1/2 gallon test while I'm working on a batch of "GoTo" stoves.

3 ounce denatured alcohol, 8 cups of water, aluminum pot

Boiled the 8 cups in 21.5 minutes. and simmered it for 37 minutes. The temp was holding at 199 degrees with the lid full on. The louvers in the lid was probably the cause for the lower temp. Flame out occurred at 1 hour and 8 min.

I have a short video that I will load and will be back shortly.

Ok, here's the video:

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/