Sheba two stage for boil or simmmer..double burner idea.

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
realityguy

Re: Sheba two stage for boil or simmmer..double burner idea.

Post by realityguy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:01 pm

I even hit liquidators that might have had old expired stock just for the cans...no luck..
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:14 am

First the Heineken can, then the Venom Energy Drink can and now the Sheba can :cry:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:14 pm

Found these three steel cans today at the thrift store for 50 cents..nice size for inner burners.. :roll: ..1-1/2" across and 1-1/4" high with the lid.I could cut out a circle in the top for a smaller simmer size..or nice size by itself for a water boiler..(Remove the lid).Hmm... :roll: Since the lid fits on the bottom also..it's easy to carry two different top end holes... :roll: with it being overall 1-1/4" high X 1-5/8" wide(center lip).
I'm beginning to see the advantage of the "milk talc" cans I used before with the lower cut portion of the can itself creating the inner side wall of the outer burner(see the MT can and the unscreened burner)..and a larger center well.It was just the right diameter for holding up a nice thin outer fiberglass cloth curtain.Using one of these new cans and you'd probably need a third can for that inner wall..something I'll need to put more thought into..since I no longer have access to the milk talc ones also.There are other aluminum cans in the same shape that would work,cut the same way..basically 1/4" smaller diameter than the inner edge of the outside can..with a curved in neck at the top.
Drat! I might have to dig out and through a couple apple boxes of aluminum cans to see if I do have one of those milk talc ones left... :evil:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:32 pm

How about using a 5 ounce aluminum catfood can(outer burner) and the fancey feast 3 ounce can in the center?

I think the 5 ounce cans have the pull tab top which will leave an area for the stainless steel screen cover to tuck underneath and also provide a lip for wire pot support legs like the Starlyte stove.

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:14 pm

The 5.5 verses the 3oz leaves a huge area for the outside curtain(I have those sizes in front of me in open cat food cans)..won't work.Ideally you want about 1/8" width for the curtain.
The fancy feast inside the sheba leaves just under 1/8"..just right for a curtain..why I used that one above like that.I could cut the top of the fancy feast down to the height of the sheba..and leave 4 tabs that would center the inner can.but I'm still using the sheba on the outside.
A bred bull will fit inside a fancyfeast for an inner wall then another small container needs to be the center well..or an angled top end for the middle burner that fits snug into the red bull..say an aluminum bud bottle top?Don't you have a lot of those lying around..that you were trying to figure out what to do with? :lol:

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:37 pm

won't work.Ideally you want about 1/8" width for the curtain.
Good to have your insight on what works and what doesn't....thanks! :D

Just recently I gave all my aluminum cut-offs to my son to have recycled. He got $55.00 for the lot.