Sheba two stage for boil or simmmer..double burner idea.

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
realityguy

Re: Sheba two stage for boil or simmmer..double burner idea.

Post by realityguy » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:44 pm

I don't have the time,parts,or space to make them right now..I have a couple bathrooms to remodel,a half a duplex that needs to be redone, 4 ukuleles to build, and a couple others to finish that are more pressing..As I said..my stove stuff is buried under bicycle crap.You've got a poor starving fat cat that would love some Sheba cat food..you probably need a shave right now :roll: ,or have some other aluminum bottles on hand.. :roll: ..stainless mesh..fiberglass...........................................................
... and all yours is probably readily available "front and center" :o ...Dan,it should take you about 30 minutes to make one! :roll:

:lol:

I don't make or sell stoves..but I can delete my threads if it gets to be too much of a bother.. ;)
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Post by zelph » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:52 pm

gee :cry: I'm speechless :cry:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:30 am

Don't just stand there speechless!Get cracking on making that sheba stove.. :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Post by zelph » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:37 am

I'll get right on it 8-)

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:30 am

realityguy wrote:I don't have the time,parts,or space to make them right now

:lol: I don't make or sell stoves..but I can delete my threads if it gets to be too much of a bother.. ;)

I don't think the last part of the thread was necessary, we get the point and thanks for sharing. Sounds to me that we have your authorization to copy the stove and make our millions in the cottage industry ;) :lol: :DP: You wouldn't mind if I call it the "reality stove" when I list it on eBay, Craigslist, basspro shop, Gander Mountain, Cabela's, REI, and all the Internet hiking forums. :lol: :lol: Since Zelph has not farmed out any of his business this way, I may as well start somewhere :lol: Millions, I tell you, Millions! After I make enough to buy the cadillac of four wheelers, I will be glad to send you a nice kickback, cuz....maybe a few thousand pics for your Uke's :DP:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:57 pm

My point with the comment is that I really don't have time to make them,quit bugging me about it :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .I have no plans of deleting my thread.I posted it so people can make their own.It's an easy stove to make requiring minimal time,labor,materials,tools,and IQ.It works well for me if you can get over the gigantic weight of 2ozs.It's one stove that does it all..on its own.Once you get to know approximately how much fuel you need in each compartment for what you want it to do..your pour it in,put your pot on top,and it does the rest while you are doing other stuff at the campsite.You don't need to diddle with a simmer ring or adjust anything,etc.A little bit of testing at home will let you know exactly the quantity in each compartment.
I'm not a fuel miser..usually I just pour in plenty(maybe a whole 1-1/2 to 2oz :o ) and let it go.If it's still burning after my simmering is done,I put water on for coffee later or cleanup.
The nice thing is that you can have high heat for 6 minutes and simmer for 40...the next time high heat for 12 minutes and simmer for 20..the options are there..no muss no fuss..
RR..if you want to make millions on the stove..you better start today!There may not be any Sheba cans tomorrow!Sheba cans are one of the best cans for stovemaking.The outer lip is doubled for the mesh to fit between.The outer lip can be penetrated for sticking anything through for a potstand without disrupting the stove's inner working portion,because it sits outside the can itself.There are lots of easy potstand possibilities for removal and reinstall using wires,just bolts,or whatever.It packs down neat and clean.it fits into just about every pot out there except maybe some beer can ones(I haven't tried those to see if it fits inside).The can makes it easy to disassemble and rebuild with the easily removable screen top.It makes a nice stable stove because of it's broad width.There are just a lot of advantages to using sheba cans.
The stove on the thread that Zelph linked to,doesn't have an inner burner..but it could.It's basically two cans fit together with drain holes in the inner can and the mesh burns between the outer ring of the inner can and outer can.I lost the video at my website when doing some moving and restructuring for more space.An inner can/burner could be placed inside.A few 1/2" long bolts could be placed around the perimeter as a potstand..adding more weight but probably result in a better burn.1" bolts and you get dual modes with an inner can.

zelph

Post by zelph » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:13 pm

I understand where you're coming from.

We'll just have to do without. :(

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation on how to DIY.

You can be sure you will see your ideas come forth on utube.

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:25 pm

We'll just have to do without. :(
No you won't..you'll just have to make your own.. :lol:

I wasn't upset or mad when I said quit bugging me about it..(I went back and added a smiley face for you :roll: ).

I did get about 50 lineal feet of ukulele skins cut today..Tomorrow will be a day of planing and sanding same,and capturing a lot of dust... :roll:

I even cut skins for a teak tenor or ukujo(hmm..ukulin?) from a MCM Danish wood meat tray.. :roll:
That'll be interesting...

zelph

Post by zelph » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:04 am

I did get about 50 lineal feet of ukulele skins cut today..Tomorrow will be a day of planing and sanding same,and capturing a lot of dust...

I even cut skins for a teak tenor or ukujo(hmm..ukulin?) from a MCM Danish wood meat tray..
That'll be interesting...
Be sure to collect that TEAK dust. It's toxic stuff. ;)

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:04 am

It's all collected and disposed of..the Imbuia isn't so great either.. :roll: With all the planing I have to do today,I'll be digging out my dust collector hood for that..The sander has one running all the time.