DIY Tent Stove

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
ConnieD

Re: DIY Tent Stove

Post by ConnieD » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:59 pm

I have a painted Wilderness-brand "ice house" wood stove with a galvanized stove pipe.

I was told to burn it in the first time outdoors. I have no problem with it.

However, it is more than a little heavy to backpack. :roll:

The total weight of the stove pipe "section" wood stoves look reasonable, however.

I listened again: he didn't say how much it weighs.

sudden

Post by sudden » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:23 pm

I can't believe it's winter already. It seems like yesterday when you were all building for the tent stove tournament.

It's time to dig that ray mears video out again.
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

zelph

Post by zelph » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:45 pm

Yes, winter is here :( but!!!! we are going to have a weeks worth of mild weather :DB: No Snow!!!!!!
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:12 pm

Cuz, did you get around to testing the silicone cake pan for your chimney pipe?
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:16 pm

Nope..it's all(tent,chimney adapter,stove,and sewing machine( at the other house..too much rain to even setup the stove and test it last time I was there.I was going to go up this week but have too much to do here to go until next month sometime..

Wire(or a stainless hose clamp) a piece of the silicone material around your stovepipe up about 5'..let me know how it does..I don't foresee any problems that far from the stove..but I was going to make sure with a test burn of the stove and chimney before cutting the tent and installing the cake pan in there...
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Post by zelph » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:23 pm

I watched part of a video today that shows a chimney made of plumbers cloth aka carbon fiber cloth. He incorporated a hanging grill into it. elaborate and very expensive project. I should have gotten a link. :roll:

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:43 pm

I just scored a dollar silicone angel food cake pan and remembered the discussion here and was wondering if. I should save it for a future project or give it to my wife :o
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:46 pm

Hide it from the wife! :o :lol: It fits nice and snug around 2" diameter round downspout...It may not even need clamping. ;) I cut the sides off(potholders?) and have just the bottom with the center.I think I cut the center down an inch or two also..to fit snug.I've seen them with a couple different size centers
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Post by zelph » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:09 pm

Hey!!!! found the video. CAUTION!!! It's a long drawnout video. Wasted most of my time :roll: Overkill to the max. :mrgreen:

but!!! he has his preferences. He better close up his tarp to the max to get a good draft ;)