Question....

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
JBRanger

Question....

Postby JBRanger » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:50 pm

So a few friends of mine have been running varying alcohol stoves (most are coke can types). I use the Super Stove. My only gripe on the Super Stove is the filling. It would be much easier to dump a single ounce instead of gingerly sipping in fuel. Still, the SS works fantastic.

Anyway, my question is which works better? Jetted stoves or open burn types? I'm sure there's a LOT more to it (jet size, diameter of pot in relation to jets, etc)

Anyway, does jetting actually increase the temp of the burning alcohol?

zelph

Re: Question....

Postby zelph » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:57 pm

My guess is that jets increase the speed of the flame and make the stove "look" like the flame on your kitchen stove top. :D

The hotter the stove gets, the faster the flame and consumtion of fuel.

Some good dump-n-go stoves are the "StarLyte", "Fancee Feest" and "Cobalt Blue Soloist" no priming required and all have built in pot supports. User friendly, no waiting to squirt fuel into the Super Stove.

How would you like to squirt fuel on some wick wrapped around your stove and wait for it to prime :mrgreen:

Note: the recent version of the super stoves comes with the fuel bottle with squirt nozzle. The place to fill it is by the "bar code" Theat area has only one layer of fiberglass.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Homemade Stove Ideas”