Got a new coffee press/cadyak stove idea..

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
ConnieD

Re: Got a new coffee press/cadyak stove idea..

Postby ConnieD » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:02 pm

I didn't know how to make good coffee with a coffee press, until I read here in this forum that a coarse grind is important. I found it gritty, and so I thought the seal was insufficient.

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:01 pm

If it was glass or a plastic one..I wouldn't pack it.I'll pack only the metal ones because they are dual purpose as a camp-pot(which I have to pack anyway) and won't break.The only difference between it and a camp pot is the "press" lid.The lid unscrews which makes it simple to pack with the shaft,lid(on top) and the bottom screen anyway it can go in there above,alongside,or below the alcohol stove and other stuff.
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Blue52

Postby Blue52 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:30 pm

Whats the principal on how this works as a stove? I don't get it!

Just to experiment with theory of stove and windscreen combined, I tried a large outer coffee can with hypercat short inside on bottom. setting a large progresso or Campbells hearty meal soup can as the pot 6:30 burn time 140degee water temp only. Being inside windscreen and stove combined. Stove can got red hot around where the burner and pot meet. Steel can as pot maybe not allowing heat transfer instead more like a heat sink!?

Blue52

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:50 pm

It's a good setup for a pot/stove for cadyak's stove "style"..the outer portion becomes a windscreen or a woodstove body..the inner "press portion" becomes the "pot" and dual purposes as a coffee press also.I can drill a 1-1/2" or 2" hole in the stainless side and use it for wood..keep or delete the solid bottom in the outer portion.Using the shorter press inside allows room in the bottom under the cup for an alcohol stove to remain while packing it in.
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Return to “Homemade Stove Ideas”