New Reactor Alcohol Stove

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
Blue52

Re: New Reactor Alcohol Stove

Post by Blue52 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:30 pm

Hey thanks for the kind words.

The garage test in the dark I was trying to show the flame pattern. The primary ignition ignites the bottom rarefying chamber you see the stove is lit then it looks like it goes out but its not out its still lit in the rarefying chamber. The burner is not hot enough yet to ignite gases in the expansion chamber as they are passing through pressurizing as they expand. The effect is the long flame with the ignited tip that fades up and down. Then showing where the gases are with the match. Its inside my garage at night no window or door to crack open. The first variant end of clip is at night as well and out side in the open. The best testing is always out doors really allows a better perspective on how well the stove will work than in the semi controlled condition in the garage.

Blue52

zelph

Post by zelph » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:52 pm

Can you smaell the difference in combustion while the fuel is in the rarifying chamber compared to when the stove is burning in the expansion chamber.

Because there is that very possible lift off of the flame I would think there is insufficient oxygen present. The odor must be offensive, posible causing nausea?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Blue52

Post by Blue52 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:00 pm

By now I can't smell any difference, the wife can though :0....

It wouldn't ignite if not enough oxygen. Its expanding and pressurizing faster than it can ignite when chamber is cool , needs 15 sec to heat up vs bottom chamber.

Blue52
Last edited by Blue52 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zelph

Post by zelph » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:03 pm

Blue52 wrote:By now I can't smell any difference, the wife can though :0....

Blue52

:lol: I can hear her saying "you're clothes wreak of unburned fuel" :mrgreen:

Connie knows the smell, recent post said so.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/