Stumpjumper's Lint Stove

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
User avatar
zelph
Posts: 15822
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: Stumpjumper's Lint Stove

Postby zelph » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:43 pm

Use a double boiler system to melt it and then pour into the awaiting cans that will be used. Bees wax is expensive and too nice to be used as fire starter. Candles would be a much better end use.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

User avatar
Ridgerunner
Posts: 5275
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:08 pm
Location: SW, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Stumpjumper's Lint Stove

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:02 pm

zelph wrote:Use a double boiler system to melt it and then pour into the awaiting cans that will be used. Bees wax is expensive and too nice to be used as fire starter. Candles would be a much better end use.

Except for the soot issue. Beeswax is the best option if the price is right. ;) ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

User avatar
zelph
Posts: 15822
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: Stumpjumper's Lint Stove

Postby zelph » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:32 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:
zelph wrote:Use a double boiler system to melt it and then pour into the awaiting cans that will be used. Bees wax is expensive and too nice to be used as fire starter. Candles would be a much better end use.

Except for the soot issue. Beeswax is the best option if the price is right. ;) ;)


So you say there is soot when using it as a stove?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

User avatar
Ridgerunner
Posts: 5275
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:08 pm
Location: SW, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Stumpjumper's Lint Stove

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:53 pm

I probably could have phrased that better. Yes, there is soot when using the stove with regular candle wax and dryer lent. Beeswax should eliminate the soot. ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

User avatar
zelph
Posts: 15822
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: Stumpjumper's Lint Stove

Postby zelph » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:55 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:I probably could have phrased that better. Yes, there is soot when using the stove with regular candle wax and dryer lent. Beeswax should eliminate the soot. ;)


You've got time today, cook something using beeswax :mrgreen: let me know if there is soot. :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/


Return to “Homemade Stove Ideas”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest