The Mole Stove

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
Blazinator

The Mole Stove

Post by Blazinator » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:58 am

I had a fit of inspiration on the mexican food isle at Wal-Mart today...and...

Ridgerunner

Re: The Mole Stove

Post by Ridgerunner » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:54 am

Worked out well. The stovie mind looks at containers differently than the normal person. Good find. I found that the yellow canned Hershey syrup lid fits the Heiniken pot. ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Post by zelph » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:02 pm

Holey Moley, excellent stovie eyes you have for sure :D Nice design!!! Is the burner leak proof with the lid on?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Blazinator

Post by Blazinator » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:59 pm

I didn't have enough fuel to fill it up and do a proper test. I'm thinking about making another one with the lid on the reverse side....I think it's a better design, the lid might seal even better. I did a "smell test" around the edge (I'm a real scientist :lol: ) And I couldn't smell any fumes escaping. I'll keep ya posted. If I can find a good pot stand that folds flat and it passes my boil tests it might be my new stove of choice.

zelph

Post by zelph » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:19 pm

How much fuel can it completely absorb and hold it in suspension so it won't come out when turned up side down?

Blazinator

Post by Blazinator » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:44 pm

Again...I don't have enough fuel to find out lol. :lol: I'll get back to ya when I have the cash to buy some. Yes...I'm THAT broke lol.

zelph

Post by zelph » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:22 pm

Blazinator wrote:Again...I don't have enough fuel to find out lol. :lol: I'll get back to ya when I have the cash to buy some. Yes...I'm THAT broke lol.
Ok, keep in touch :D

Blazinator

Post by Blazinator » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:31 am

FINALLY got paid :lol: And did a test:

I'll answer your questions in a bit Zelph....bare with me. :DB:

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:56 pm

Looks good..good time and flame pattern /size!.Should work well and appears everything fits in the pot! ;) A windscreen should roll up inside the pot around everything also..

Now..weight when full of fuel? empty?..how many boils can you get with a full can,and how much fuel does it hold?Does it burn better full of fuel..or closer to empty?How much does it change?It'll be interesting to see those figures so you can figure how many meals you can get and how long you can stay out there on one can of fuel in the stove without packing extra.I know..questions,questions,questions.. :roll:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Post by zelph » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:02 pm

Aaahhhh, the sweet sight of success!!!!!! thanks for sharing the big moment :D It's good to get paid :lol: makes life go a lot easier :mrgreen:

I want your timer, it's cool and bright :P