FireMug in Alcohol mode

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
zelph

Re: FireMug in Alcohol mode

Postby zelph » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:27 pm

When you "post a reply" the screen that comes up will have a rectangle box with the word youtube in it....click on it and it will show up looking like this: [you tube][/youtube]

Your cursor line will be blinking between the two bracketed youtubes, that where you can paste the letters sudden is taking about. Try it and see id you get it to work

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6BsXNvJr-E

I highlighted the numbers/letters that identify your video. Those are the ones to copied and pasted. It will look like this:

[you tube]n6BsXNvJr-E[/youtube]

I put a space between you and tube so the link will not work
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:50 pm

Thanks Zelph, that was easy. I redid my DIY tent stove post. ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

cadyak

Postby cadyak » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:38 pm

thanks again. I went back and edited the original post

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:36 am

I like the dual purpose of the hardware cloth; to elevate the alky burner and to use for pot support on top of the stove. ;)....and you could use it to stack fuel for using the TLUD method of burning. :D
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

cadyak

Postby cadyak » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:11 am

Thanks, the 1/4"SS is a pain to work with.
It has been interesting to see how many bottles, cans, lids, etc are identical in size. I now have three different types of small (16oz or less) cups that all have the same neck size. The diam. of the base on the Cobalts, etc. is the same exact size.
The open top of the Cobalt also works great to shove a rolled windscreen, a small bottle of alcohol, or a film case for tinder down into for nesting the whole thing inside the mug.
I have one stove that nests inside the 475ml BPL trappers mug and one where the mug nests inside.
For the larger stoves I use thin stainless stakes to hold the alcohol stove at optimal height.

that would have to be one tiny firebox. maybe for making an expresso.
I like having something a little taller for stacking wood because with my arthritis its getting hard to break it any shorter :geek:

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:19 am

I like having something taller for stacking wood because with my arthritis its getting hard to break it any shorter

try using a pair of hand pruners. They make some now that even ratchet, making it easier to cut. ;)

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:56 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:
I like having something taller for stacking wood because with my arthritis its getting hard to break it any shorter

try using a pair of hand pruners. They make some now that even ratchet, making it easier to cut. ;)

I need one of those also :o (not arthritis ;) )

cadyak

Postby cadyak » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:38 pm

Been testing out a new stove. Im calling it the Guidelite. it is a little heavier duty than most of the other 14floz cups. Nests inside the BPL Trappers Mug.

It seems to do OK with the small diameter of the trappers mug, but is probably more efficient with a larger pot. My Ul is a little skinnier in the neck area and burns perfect with the small 475 ml size.

zelph

Postby zelph » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:09 pm

Yes, I like the way it burns. Seems all wood burners should have higher elevated pot support to get the flame concentrated. Most inexperienced wood stove makers would think that's woodgas coming through the top holes of your stove. :D did you top light this one?

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:37 am

Another nice stove Kadyak! You've had great sucess with the recycled stainless mugs....Nice going! :D

Return to “Homemade Stove Ideas”