Fancy Sausage Stove

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
Blazinator

Fancy Sausage Stove

Post by Blazinator » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Made a new stove. It's nothing ground breaking, and I'm sure many have beat me to it, but it fits my needs perfectly. I have been happily using the "fancy feast stove" for a while now with a pot that holds about 2 cups. This works well for cooking up a package of Ramen Noodles. However, when I am out and about, I have my wife or someone else with me and have to cook 2 packages; forcing me to do two complete burns. Annoying. So, I decided to change things up and carry my 800ml (just shy of 4 cups) pot instead and figure out a new stove option. So, I went shopping and bought a Vienna Sausage can. After savoring the salty goodness of the sausages, I got out my handy hole punch and went to work crafting my new favorite play-toy. Here she be:

The one on the left is my fancy feast stove, right is the new one. They are exactly the same size, save for height.

The added height obviously allows for more fuel and a longer burn. I brought 2 cups of 70 degree F water to a rolling boil in 5min 32sec which is right on par with my fancy feast stove. I then topped my pot off with 800ml of 70 degree F water and brought it to a rolling boil in 9min 56sec. (All boil times with pot covered) Warm-up time for the stove was almost exactly 1 minute without a wick. After boiling the 800ml of water, I had plenty of fuel left over and was able to reclaim it for later use. =D Here is some eye candy:

Leftover fuel:

Now I have a stove for each pot, and they both pack up all nice n neat inside.

My home-made windscreen:

Cook set:

:DB: :DB: :DB: :DB: :DB: :DB:

Ridgerunner

Re: Fancy Sausage Stove

Post by Ridgerunner » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:44 pm

Yup, looks like the taller version of the cat stove works out fine and dandy. ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Post by zelph » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:52 pm

You're off to a great start :D I like how it fits your pot and fills the gap when a longer burn time is needed. The fancey feast super cat is a classic and an inspiration to stove makers. I like on piece stoves :D There is something about keeping it simple that I like ;)

Nice photos and thanks a lot for sharing them with us.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Q_x

Post by Q_x » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:38 am

sorry, blanked
Last edited by Q_x on Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delete this account, please

Knotty

Post by Knotty » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:57 pm

Supercat stove works fine but like you have had times where I came up short. The added fuel volume of the taller can will be a plus but downside might be it taking longer to prime as more metal and liquid has to be heated.