the scroll stove (a blatent copy)

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
realityguy

Re: the scroll stove (a blatent copy)

Post by realityguy » Thu May 13, 2010 10:28 am

Now..using the same procedure..make a 3 or 4 sided stove that will fold flat and fit in your shirt pocket..Who says it has to be round?On the other hand,a longer length of foil with "segmented burner" pockets gives you an optional diameter stove with optional amounts of heat output..depending on the diameter and segments filled with fuel.
Only problem I see is filling the stove with fuel.If you use a longer inside edge it will give you something to pour the fuel against to reduce possible spilling and also be useful as a potstand...and no holes are needed with a continuous fiberglass curtain.

Keep on thinking!Good idea! ;)

The only problems I see are making the stove "well"(curtain area) wide enough to hold a sufficient amount of fuel to get a decent length of burn.a good crimp method with maybe using JBweld to seal the ends,and any type of bending back and forth may produce leak problems in any bend points quickly..Now..Get back to work! :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu May 13, 2010 10:41 am

The smaller you go, the less fuel capacity. You'll wind up with a burner that can heat only 1 cup. and may not even boil it. A burner has to be able to hold 1/2 ounce of fuel as a starting point. Paper cups make good disposable burners :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

sudden

Post by sudden » Thu May 13, 2010 11:27 am

Thanks realityguy, zelph,

Capacity, Durability and Leaks are the killers. Durability being the worst.

I do have an easy way to fill it though (same way I fill the bent superstove). Dentists have these. I think it would be called an irrigation syringe.
Attachments
syringe.jpg
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Thu May 13, 2010 9:38 pm

We usually get them from vets also for cat bite cysts.I don't like packing extra crap for measuring fuel and usually set up something to pour it from the heet bottle itself or a smaller marked bottle against a wall so it runs into the stove or a 'well' large enough to pour it directly in there...but that's just me!
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

sudden

Post by sudden » Fri May 14, 2010 8:55 am

Too bad they don't make a bottle top with an integrated straw like the WD-40 cans. You could shove a straw into the spout but it's still another thing that can be lost just like the syringe.
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."