UL KittyKettle

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
Ridgerunner

Re: UL KittyKettle

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:17 pm

After cutting the bottom of the basket, I have a perfect fit ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:38 pm

Stainless steel is not magnetic, ehh? While I was in the thrift store yesterday, I came across this basket and thought it might be stainless if it was for deep frying :idea:
So I made a couple trips all through the store looking for something magnetic to test it with. Finally, I found a neat flexible LED grill light stuffed on the back of a bottom shelf. It just so happend to not only clamp to the grill but has three magnetic feet to attach that way(I bought it also :lol: )
The basket barely fit on the lip of the ghillie kettle fire bowl so I cut it about 3/4" up the sides and bent them out slightly to give me a raised platform. Worked like a charm and only 99 cents.
I love my dremel tools! :mrgreen:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:26 pm

You have "accessories"..... :D .........nice find on both grilles the light with 3 feet. Does it have a dimmer feature like mine?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:48 pm

I don't know if I can make it all fit inside the kettle with Daren's paint pot. The light was $2.99 and just what a gadget guy needs so I nabbed it. Uses 3 AAA batteries with 6 LED's but no dimmer. Beggers can't be choosers!

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:56 pm

Gee..all I got today was an Old Timer 152(50 cents),a Western Pocketknife(50cents) and another $100+ bicycle for $14.00...Oh..and a Mundial 5625-10 like new for 75 cents... :roll:

:lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:09 am

Ridgerunner wrote:I don't know if I can make it all fit inside the kettle with Daren's paint pot. The light was $2.99 and just what a gadget guy needs so I nabbed it. Uses 3 AAA batteries with 6 LED's but no dimmer. Beggers can't be choosers!

Good pin point light source, good deal!!! Mine is called "gorilla" super strong magnets on three flex arms. I'll try to remember to get a photo of it and do a thread on it.

Can you believe..........RG got another bike :D

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:26 am

I would say it's a sickness but he does resell them for a handsome profit! Go Cuz! :D

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:33 am

College towns have got to be the best place for "good stuff" thrift stores. RG is in the right town, right resale town also. He does just fine with his bike sales.

I'm going to get a small stainless steel kelly kettle when they come out at the beginning of the year.

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:41 am

zelph wrote:College towns have got to be the best place for "good stuff" thrift stores. RG is in the right town, right resale town also. He does just fine with his bike sales.

I'm going to get a small stainless steel kelly kettle when they come out at the beginning of the year.

Is that the ultralight one they are working on?

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:55 am

Ridgerunner wrote:
zelph wrote:College towns have got to be the best place for "good stuff" thrift stores. RG is in the right town, right resale town also. He does just fine with his bike sales.

Is that the ultralight one they are working on?

In my eyes, yes :mrgreen: I'm not geared to ultralight........I'm for rhino tough, no melt SS. I'll suffer the weight penalty for longevity ;)

It's a 2 cup version, backpackers size. Hang it on the outside of your pack and let it swing in the breeze. :mrgreen:

Return to “Homemade Stove Ideas”