UL KittyKettle

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
Ridgerunner

Re: UL KittyKettle

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed May 19, 2010 6:11 pm

DarenN wrote:i'd sure like to know how that whistle is built! ;)

I'm sure it is just like the ones on some of the tea kettles. I bought one for a buck at the thrift store just for the darn whistle. I thought I would incorporate it on my UL Kettle but it is too big for my purposes. Maybe I will put it in the bounce box with your name on it ;) then you can dissect it 'cause I'm not cutting up my new kettle; not even in the interest of stovie whistle science! :lol: :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Wed May 19, 2010 6:53 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:
DarenN wrote:i'd sure like to know how that whistle is built! ;)

I'm sure it is just like the ones on some of the tea kettles. I bought one for a buck at the thrift store just for the darn whistle. I thought I would incorporate it on my UL Kettle but it is too big for my purposes. Maybe I will put it in the bounce box with your name on it ;) then you can dissect it 'cause I'm not cutting up my new kettle; not even in the interest of stovie whistle science! :lol: :lol:

i tied to copy the whistle on my tea kettle useing parts of beer cans and tubing. i never managed more than an annoying HISS! :?
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:48 pm

For your viewing pleasure and I'm sure you WILL enjoy this video. I just got at new digital camera and I set it at the lowest movie setting and it still took over an hour to load this clip so enjoy. :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:36 pm

The maiden burn went well..........scared the living daylights outa me..............an anoying hiss woulda been just fine :lol:

For a minute or two I thought there was hole in the bottom of the stove after the 7th long twig :D

I had to have the sound off so as not to interfere with my wifes watching the tube :roll: I suppose it was for the better, I probably woulda dropped a load when the pot blew the cork :DB: :DP:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:06 pm

You'll have to rewatch it when you can crank the volume up. I was startled to say the least! I'm glad i did not have it turned directly towards me. After rewatching it, it appears a load of boiling water blew out the spout! :o

oops56

Postby oops56 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:53 am

zelph wrote:The maiden burn went well..........scared the living daylights outa me..............an anoying hiss woulda been just fine :lol:

For a minute or two I thought there was hole in the bottom of the stove after the 7th long twig :D

I had to have the sound off so as not to interfere with my wifes watching the tube :roll: I suppose it was for the better, I probably woulda dropped a load when the pot blew the cork :DB: :DP:

get some ear phones at the dollar store
Man play with fire man get burnt

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:15 am

Ghillie called..you voided the warranty by burning wood in the thing... :roll:
:lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:23 pm

I would try batch loading it and lighting it from the top :D

Where there is a will, there is a way :geek:

I couldn't hear the whistle........could you?

It looked like at least a cup of water shot out close behind the whoooof of steam :o my!!!!!

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:17 pm

You can't make this stuff up. The second test burn makes me wonder if I want to try it again! :o This one is going to keep me up tonight :oops: :roll: Full body armor for the third test!!! :twisted:

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:40 pm

Third time is a charm ;)

Read the directions before you light it again. :o :mrgreen:

Return to “Homemade Stove Ideas”