UL KittyKettle

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
Ridgerunner

Re: UL KittyKettle

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:59 am

I'm not geared to ultralight........I'm for rhino tough, no melt SS. I'll suffer the weight penalty for longevity

Right on! I picked up a tea kettle at the thrift store to use the whistle on a DIY kettle like you made. Now if I can only find that shaped aluminum bottle :roll:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:03 am

Ridgerunner wrote:
I'm not geared to ultralight........I'm for rhino tough, no melt SS. I'll suffer the weight penalty for longevity

Right on! I picked up a tea kettle at the thrift store to use the whistle on a DIY kettle like you made. Now if I can only find that shaped aluminum bottle :roll:

I think it was a Brunton water bottle. Not sure about that spelling. That little set-up really worked well. The JB weld was a bummer :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:38 am

I think I clipped or screwed mine to a miller lite bottle cap..simple and light.. :roll:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:55 pm

Zelph, I believe that was a Snapple Element Energy drink bottle but has since been discontinued. :(
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:00 pm

Oh yeah, that's right, I have some I can ship along with the other goodies. I'll get them out tomorrow. :o
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:16 pm

zelph wrote:Oh yeah, that's right, I have some I can ship along with the other goodies. I'll get them out tomorrow. :o

SWEEEET! :DP:

Return to “Homemade Stove Ideas”