Wave Stove

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
zelph

Wave Stove

Postby zelph » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:02 pm

Walking thru the thrift store these little jello mold caught my eye.

I made a windscreen/potstand out of one of them by punching some holes around the base.

I put in a tea candle size burner in it for the heck of it. The stove worked well. Next time you see some of these little wavy molds try using one for a potstand. They are made of lightweight aluminum. 4 inches in diameter and ? tall. Not much 8-)

They don't weigh much either. Thre're cute :)

I paid .99 cent for the stack off em. What can I do with the rest of them? I know!!!!! make jello in them and then dehydrate them. :roll:

Image This one is just for the heck of it. Actually it's for the gullable one. The cross design pot stand that I like. :mrgreen:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

oops56

Re: Wave Stove

Postby oops56 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:15 pm

Now i wish you get up earlier now i got to wait tell morning to get me some. Got a idea how to do one also. to dam easy
Man play with fire man get burnt

Pure Mahem

Postby Pure Mahem » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:08 am

Those are JELLO molds I saw a ton of those things at a yard sale and thought they were ashtrays, lol! :mrgreen:
"Lad I don't know where you've been. But, I see you won first prize!"

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:17 am

Pure Mahem wrote:Those are JELLO molds I saw a ton of those things at a yard sale and thought they were ashtrays, lol! :mrgreen:

I'm sure many would have guessed that also.

I was curious!!!!!
Went into my lab and turned the stove upside down over a burner and lo and behold the stove works upside down also. :D

It was cold out there this AM, 28 degrees, so alot of condensation formed on the underside of the pot and that is what you see in the photos of the underside of the pot.

What's taking you so long oops? Get up earlier :D

oops56

Postby oops56 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:18 pm

Dam things hard to fine going back in try more stores and the gas went up again. i wonder if its worth it burn more gas then what they cost gone down the road a hunting we go
Man play with fire man get burnt

Tony

Postby Tony » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:40 pm

Hi Zelph,

I like it it, is cheap and simple and works. It fits into the KISS Philosophy.

Tony

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:45 pm

Tony wrote:Hi Zelph,

I like it it, is cheap and simple and works. It fits into the KISS Philosophy.

Tony

Hi Tony, the older I get, the more simple things need to be :D

I punched some holes in another mold a little more towards the rim. I poured in 1/2 ounce of fuel directly into the mold to create a 1 piece stove. It worked kinda :roll: I had one of those moments!!!!!!! The kind that says get the fire extinguisher, quick!!!!! It started to burn in a radical fashion :P but remained contained and did'nt overflow the newly formed holes. The 2 cups never boiled. The fuel was spent in an expeditious maner. The handle of the stove got hot, the throbbing is still there as I touch the keyboard :lol: The stove gets hot!!!Like a SuperCat. 1/2 ounce brought the fuel right to the edge of the holes. Back to the playing fields :mrgreen:

Skidsteer

Postby Skidsteer » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:05 pm

I got a stack of those in my possibles box(thrift store find), but mine aren't flared out as much. In other words, if you set a pot on top there's no space for flames, gas, and heat to escape.
Skids

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein, (attributed)

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:19 pm

Skidsteer wrote:I got a stack of those in my possibles box(thrift store find), but mine aren't flared out as much. In other words, if you set a pot on top there's no space for flames, gas, and heat to escape.

These wavy ones are rare, they caught my stovie eye and I picked one up and saw that a pot could sit on top and fire could come out from under. :D

Survivor Dave

Postby Survivor Dave » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:24 pm

Just for the heck of it huh Zelph? The gullible one? At least my Skidsteer 8000 works. Looks like you are trying to make cheap Chinese knock-offs. Skids, I would sue for copyright infringement, but he'd have to prove that his stove actually works. I think there is an opening at MSR for a stove apprentice Zelph, I'll send you the application link. Now that's real funny! :D :D :D :D :D

Image This one is just for the heck of it. Actually it's for the gullable one. The cross design pot stand that I like. :mrgreen:[/quote]

Return to “Homemade Stove Ideas”