I.V. Stove

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
grumdrig

Re: I.V. Stove

Post by grumdrig » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:13 pm

Another option would be an actual IV set. They don't seem to sell 'em for humans online, but they do for pets. I have one myself I got from http://petsupplies4less.com/ for about $3.50. Haven't tried to use it in any way so far. It does say "avoid freezing or excessive heat" though.

The valve is a simple little roller that rides along the tube, with the axle in a ramp, so that it tightens as it rolls.

They have several. Here's one: http://www.petsupplies4less.com/Dripvet ... --014VIV20

seudo_411

Post by seudo_411 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:55 am

I got an I.V admin set for Xmas.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Now i'm just waiting on the 1/4" tubing to make the burner piece and i'm sorted... Yeah, oh and did i mention i have an I.V admin set....
Save space, Live on the edge...

Life might be a Bitch, but at least she knows who her Daddy is...

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:18 am

seudo_411 wrote:I got an I.V admin set for Xmas.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Now i'm just waiting on the 1/4" tubing to make the burner piece and i'm sorted... Yeah, oh and did i mention i have an I.V admin set....

Nice Christmas present!!!!! :mrgreen:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

seudo_411

Post by seudo_411 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:02 pm

Some pics of the iv set, Its one of the coolest gifts i ever got, Pics are courtesy of my other present, Sony Ericsson P1i...

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:23 pm

Nice accurate control. No excuses for a failure on flow control :mrgreen:

seudo_411

Post by seudo_411 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:10 am

I could not ask for better, Just have a question, and I'll appreciate as much input as possible, How do i go about attaching the copper tubing to the rubber tubing, the thing is all i am going to use is the drip window and the flow control part, the side after the drip window that goes to the copper tubing is what worries me is how i'm going to keep the tube from melting, as a result of the heat transfer from the copper tubing.

hoz

Post by hoz » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:42 am

seudo_411 wrote:I could not ask for better, Just have a question, and I'll appreciate as much input as possible, How do i go about attaching the copper tubing to the rubber tubing, the thing is all i am going to use is the drip window and the flow control part, the side after the drip window that goes to the copper tubing is what worries me is how i'm going to keep the tube from melting, as a result of the heat transfer from the copper tubing.

How about Silicone caulking or JB Weld?

DarenN

Post by DarenN » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:57 am

seudo_411 wrote: to keep the tube from melting, as a result of the heat transfer from the copper tubing.

if you use PFA, PTFE, or Silicone tubeing heat transfer from the copper won't be a problem.

"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

seudo_411

Post by seudo_411 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:58 am

I figured it out, I found a few pieces of scrap aluminum angle bracket, so what I'm gonna do is, attach it via press fit, and then crimp the hose around the copper, then cut 2 small strips and bend it in a "U" shape around the pipe, then take epoxy and seal the whole lot, Problem solved... The burner is really simple, just going to form the pipe into a circle, and add a few holes probably about 1mm, the reason is i want the burner to be dual purpose, I bought some coal tablets today, packing claims that they light in 45 seconds. the second purpose is gonna be a to attach a balloon to it and use it to force air, when needed on to the coal tablets I'm gonna try to use.

Just a picture of the package of coals.

zelph

Post by zelph » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:30 pm

I bought some coal tablets today, packing claims that they light in 45 seconds. the second purpose is gonna be a to attach a balloon to it and use it to force air, when needed on to the coal tablets I'm gonna try to use.

You come up with some interest stuff Seudo. What in the world are coal tablets? Where did you learn about this fuel?