My newest Chopped Heineken Pot

...and other hiking related do-it-yourself designs.
Skidsteer

Re: My newest Chopped Heineken Pot

Postby Skidsteer » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:26 pm

zelph wrote:Used sports "mouth guard" material to fuse it on.

That's not a bad idea... :D

Pure Mahem wrote:Did you TIG weld your can? Maybe JB weld? :mrgreen:

Close enough!

Here's how to do it and what you need:

-Cat food can
-Safety opener
-Dremel tool with two bits: a Diamond cut-off wheel and a Sandpaper 'flapwheel'.
-JBWeld

1)Open the can with your safety opener and sand the inside lip of the cat food can and the outer part of the Heineken pot.

2)Poke a hole in the bottom of the can for air relief.

3)Apply a thin, even coat of JBWeld to the inside of the catfood can with your finger.

4)Shove the can onto the Heinie pot as far as it will go. Carefully wipe off the excess epoxy, turn upside down and allow to dry overnight or longer.

5)With the Dremel, cut off the extra can as close to the rim as you can.

6)Switch to the flapwheel and sand the burrs off from the inside of the can working out. This will 'pull' the metal of the Heineken pot back over the rim slightly to lock it in place.
Skids

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein, (attributed)

CajunHiker

Postby CajunHiker » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:52 pm

Cool. Do you have any in-progress pics or closeup of the edge?

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:26 pm

well I'll be smirffed!!! Great idea skids and it sure looks great when finished. Thanks a million for sharing that with us. You come up with some slick ideas. :)
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Skidsteer

Postby Skidsteer » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:20 pm

CajunHiker wrote:Cool. Do you have any in-progress pics or closeup of the edge?

Here's everything I got:

http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd23 ... ken%20Pot/

I'll try to get some closeups when I do the next one.

I've come up with an alternative lid that is half the weight and a quarter of the price. I'll share that when it's finished.
Skids

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 pm

Skids, thanks a bunch for showing us the Power Ball. I had never seen one and it got me thinkin'(always dangerous). The two front aluminum rims on my Ranger tooks some abuse from some brake dust and have turned gold in color. I've tried several rim cleaners with no luck. I went to AutoZone today and shelled out $24 bucks for a powerball and another $8 for Mother's Aluminum wheel cleaner. They shine now!!! :D :D Thanks again!
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Skidsteer

Postby Skidsteer » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:19 am

Ridgerunner wrote:Skids, thanks a bunch for showing us the Power Ball. I had never seen one and it got me thinkin'(always dangerous). The two front aluminum rims on my Ranger tooks some abuse from some brake dust and have turned gold in color. I've tried several rim cleaners with no luck. I went to AutoZone today and shelled out $24 bucks for a powerball and another $8 for Mother's Aluminum wheel cleaner. They shine now!!! :D :D Thanks again!

You actually used for it's intended purpose?

Wow. :mrgreen:
Skids

irrationalsolutions

Postby irrationalsolutions » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:19 pm

nice. i might take another try at it. too bad to now i have to drink another beer my heart is broken. ;)
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:22 pm

I'll try to get some closeups when I do the next one.

I've come up with an alternative lid that is half the weight and a quarter of the price. I'll share that when it's finished.Skids

I have one or two of the Heine cans left and might try chopping one down. Your pics confuse me a bit.(doesn't take much these days :lol: ) Do you first chop the heine pot down to just above the band? One of your pics shows the vienna sausage lid setting on top the heine can but you mention to put a hole in the bottom and slide the can over the keg. Do you do that with the lid sitting on the keg? What lightweight lid did you find to replace the coleman cup?
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Return to “Stove Designs by Skids...”