Got2B Stove

...and other hiking related do-it-yourself designs.
zelph

Re: Got2B Stove

Postby zelph » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:11 am

Well you've had a good amount of snow to make you homebound and have some time to do some testing. What are some of the results? :D
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

ConnieD

Postby ConnieD » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:10 pm

You talkin' to me?

I have been adding pictures to my website.

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:02 pm

ConnieD wrote:You talkin' to me?

I have been adding pictures to my website.

I was talking to skidsteer, trying to get his attention. I sent him my test container to test, He has more time on his hands since all the snow has been down his way.

I thought your website provider pulled a fast one on you :?

ConnieD

Postby ConnieD » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:38 pm

Huh? I should try to make the pictures look better? I am working on it.

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:00 pm

ConnieD wrote:Huh? I should try to make the pictures look better? I am working on it.

I thought they took your site off line and said it will cost X amount of dollars to get it back up :?

ConnieD

Postby ConnieD » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:06 pm

No, my brother didn't send the money. I even put him on my checking account, because he said he would keep my payments up on my satellite internet service, my domain name, and my website host, as well as some other bills I had.

He didn't.

Now, I can only get prepaid internet. I had to get a different domain name. The person who purchased my domain name tried to sell it back to me, demanding $30,600.00

:roll:

I know business, but I have not taken in one cent on that website. I feel, if I did, the website wouldn't have as much credibility.

I did build-up the domain name, internationally, and, I did insure it was in the mainstream, not just a "special interest" or a "vanity" website. I even advertised on Google Ad Words, on search terms specifically selected for a "target audience" namely, a "guru" about minimalist backpacking. I advertised everywhere in the world market the english language is used.

Where is the skidster? And what did you give him?

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:41 pm

zelph wrote:I had time to fill it with absorbent material and then added 3 ounces of fuel. I then turned it up side down and nothing spills out :D I tested it outside in my greenhouse at 20 degree air temperature(cloudy) It burned for 1 hour. That equals 20 min per ounce or 10 min per half ounce. So, under optimum conditions we should be able to boil 2 cups of 70 degree water, 6 times using denatured alcohol. Realistically I don't think that's going to happen. Only testing it inside, under optimum conditions will tell if it can be done. :D Maybe 4 times if were lucky. Getting the last ounce up to the surface for ignition might be a problem.

connie, I sent him this burner that I made from the container.

ConnieD

Postby ConnieD » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:54 pm

I should READ more.

Lucky skidsteer :!: Where is he :?:

benjybob

Postby benjybob » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:10 pm

zelph wrote:I had time to fill it with absorbent material and then added 3 ounces of fuel. I then turned it up side down and nothing spills out :D I tested it outside in my greenhouse at 20 degree air temperature(cloudy) It burned for 1 hour. That equals 20 min per ounce or 10 min per half ounce. So, under optimum conditions we should be able to boil 2 cups of 70 degree water, 6 times using denatured alcohol. Realistically I don't think that's going to happen. Only testing it inside, under optimum conditions will tell if it can be done. :D Maybe 4 times if were lucky. Getting the last ounce up to the surface for ignition might be a problem.

Zelph,

I'm managed to get my hands on some of these type of pots, and I'd like to have a go making the starlyte on crack / supernova. I can't quite see in the photo how you've done the lid with the SS screen. Is this a second screw top from another pot which has been cut to accomodate the screen? Or do the lids from a starlyte happen to fit?

I should also express some thanks to all the contributers to these forums who I've stolen ideas and projects from and giving me hours of entertainment. My latest stove making forays have been into starlyte variants using perlite as my absorbing medium. Stoves work great, and they are so simple to make. Thanks for sharing the design zelph.

Ben

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:26 am

The container has a rolled inward lip. The SS is cut a tiny bit larger in diameter than the lip. It fits under the lip when forced a wee bit.

Skidsteer must have froze to death when that cold snap went down into florida and wiped out Georgia on it's way down. :lol:

Maybe his endloader has silenced him :o Not like him to stay away for so long. Must be hibernating. :roll:

Ben, how about sharing some of the experiences that you've had from using all of our ideas for your stove making pleasures. You've taken a lot, now give something in return. Show us some photos/videos of your creations.

Return to “Stove Designs by Skids...”