Mystery Pliers...?????

A hand held tool or device, see if you can guess what it is.
realityguy

Mystery Pliers...?????

Postby realityguy » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:03 pm

Okay,got into my "pliers drawer" :roll: ..what are they for? :o Left to right A-G..

That oughta keep you busy for a little while... :lol:

Of course I didn't put in the other 1/2 dozen obvious oddball ones.. :roll:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Re: Mystery Pliers...?????

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:44 pm

Sorry, I can only do ONE mystery tool at a time! :P
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:21 pm

Well..I figured you'd know at least what F was... :roll:

:lol:

If you can only do one..do the other mystery tool thread..added a new tool there..another simple one.. :roll:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

sudden

Postby sudden » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:46 pm

A) Looks like something from a disputed election. A hanging chad punch I think.
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:03 pm

If you are talking about the other item in the other thread...nope.It's a well used tool..especially in my past construction work...In a day or two(if no one has guessed,I'll add a related simple tool.. :roll:

F here is something RR should have probably used lately... :roll:

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:03 am

F looks like your single crimping pliers ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:03 pm

F looks like your single crimping pliers ;)

Atta boy!!!Okay..now what about the rest? ;)

SHI-Warlock

Postby SHI-Warlock » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:02 pm

A) Some sort of punch, like a whole punch but it punches slots, maybe for OLD computer cards used for programming when computers were HUGE
B) Looks like a cutter, maybe for cutting plastic tubing
C) Those are for putting the metal band around the top of Ice bags
D) Pliers for installing snaps or grommets?
E) Maybe for folding corners in metal strips?
G) Wire strippers?

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:48 pm

B is a notching tool i use almost dayly. it's used to make a "dovetail" joint when cutting into the side of ductwork.
D looks to be anb eyeletting tool.
E is another sheet metal tool that i happen to have. it notches out a 90* inside corner.used to make angle frames' corners.
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:36 pm

I figured you'd have some,Daren..the 90 degree tool we used a lot for the older laminate metal trim for backsplashes,cutting everything but the bottom bead...that way you always get a perfect 90 degree for the corners and the bead bends.Gee..I wonder how many people here have that old metal trim around their kitchen counter backsplashes or shower laminate tub enclosures..raise your hands..who's guilty?! :lol:
The smaller is a 30 degree tool used a lot in vent piping and duct work,especially for connecting new round duct boots to square ducts by running that tool around the end for tabs with 30 degree angles on the sides.Then the tabs are bent,every other tab inside the hole and out to connect it to the major duct...I'll have to think about Daren's dovetails,but I would think it would cut the wrong direction(skinny end deep in the cutters)...Hmm :roll:
The other one Daren guessed is a punch(Sargent) that also sets eyelets in paper or plastic sheeting..could work for thin metal I guess.The depth from the edge can be set with a gauge so they all line up..Think stoves and windscreens..Hmm..now what could you do with that?Lace-able windscreens connections?Joining windscreens together with screws through eyelets?..or joining pieces with just the eyelets!....I see options! :o

Return to “Mystery Tool - What is it??????”