West Coast mystery tool...

A hand held tool or device, see if you can guess what it is.
realityguy

Re: West Coast mystery tool...

Postby realityguy » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:49 pm

Okay..here you go--->

The one on the right is one I made to "fill a dire need for something you can't buy."What is that need?

The one on the left..I don't know!To me it looks like THE RACK for your pet hamster... :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:57 pm

The one on the left you clamp onto a picnic table. Insert square tube or 2x2 wood pole into hole and have the pole go to the ground for firm vertical support. Use for hanging lantern etc. Attach dog leash to the V shaped hole. Now you can cook your evening meal on a campfire/woodgaz stove :mrgreen:
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:10 am

:shock: ??..I think the "hamster rack" is closer... :lol: Can you find one of those on the net? :roll:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:30 am

I give up on the left one. The right one is used for spacing needs when installing banister rails or deck rails. :?

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:41 am

realityguy wrote:Okay..here's you a simple one...

It has a specific purpose...It is a newer tool,I've just used it a lot... :roll:

:mrgreen:

I came across mine in the garage yesterday and it's still attached to the store display card. Another project delayed on account of weather :o

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:53 am

Vinyl is easy..don't know how much you have to do or repair.Make sure you get the pliers if you need to repair/replace a top piece.That's one profession a person can get into for probably $100 or less(minus the cost of scaffolding,ladders,etc.I've done a few houses.

Your answer to the tools guess:
No..the right one is one I made up and I needed for furniture making.I couldn't find anyone around here that sold the right "wood" items I needed and I couldn't cut my own pieces because the "bullet"(or beef) wood I was using was so dense it was burning up the factory made bits before it barely got the job done.So I made this up and it worked great for its purpose.I don't think I can be more clear about it than telling you what it's for... :roll:
The left one I figured the 10 thumbscrews were worth the $1 I paid for it.Because of it's base with the ability to clamp it horizontal to a table,vertical to a table,or 45 degrees to a table..I'm thinking it's some kind of universal clamping system..however..I don't know what I'd clamp in there..I really don't think it's something someone bought as much as something someone made for a specific purpose.I just haven't figured out what the h#ll someone would clamp in it needing all the spikes... :o
Maybe it's a premeasuring device for Cuz's Tallywhacker Warmer.. :o
I can see him now.."knit one,pearl two.OUCH...Knit one,pearl two..OUCH!"
:lol:

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:44 pm

The clamp has spikes instead of being flat.Has thumb screws, so it's hand tightened instead of wrench. Maybe it's a marking device for drilling holes in wood. Maybe has something to do with a knitting loom. :?

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:45 pm

Okay..appears no one wants to take any more stabs at that second item.
A while ago I was making some furniture pieces that had exotic wood incorporated in the piece and accent
end grain matching plugs..however..you can't buy dowels around here of anything but maple and birch which wouldn't fit the bill for the dark color.I was using bulletwood or beefwood which is like the red wood on pool cues,extremely dense stuff that would only burn up standard plug cutters.I needed a way to make round dowels of any kind of exotic wood.
This jig is made to clamp over a router base or table..cut a piece of wood to 1/2" square(which is 3/4" across the corners) and feed it in the larger hole by hand and rotate it until it shows out the other end as a 1/2 round dowel!Pull it out,chuck the 1/2 round into a drill..then feed the 1/2 square end back through the hole again running the drill...comes out a nice 1/2" dowel for the length of the piece of wood..any type of wood I have.otherwise I'd have to special order them on the net at probably $15-20 per 3' dowel(with shipping).

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:49 pm

That was a very clever way to get your end product. Nice!!!!!!

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:50 pm

I like the bed design also, nice!!!

Return to “Mystery Tool - What is it??????”