It fits on a key chain.

A hand held tool or device, see if you can guess what it is.
Bfinnigan

Re: It fits on a key chain.

Postby Bfinnigan » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:29 pm

I rarely design and build something that does not have redundancy or dual use. Engineering and trouble shooting my bizarre concepts is the best part. That way I keep learning.

realityguy, you have given me more ideas. That is called enabling and only contributes to the disorder. :DP:
Even a bad day on the mountain is better than a good day at the office.

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:12 pm

You might as well construct a "fire piston" while you are at it..not far from it... :roll:
Okay more..fishing...
A nail knot tool for tying up steelhead and salmon flyfishing leaders and tying on flies with gloves on.
For checking the contents of what your mini-trout had for breakfast before you caught it..for "matching the hatch".
Pulling fishhooks out of fish mouths(disgorger).

or..cleaning the poop out of your boot lug soles when out "camo-painting the landmines" on the AT... :roll: (another thread) :lol:

For holding that one last desperate dry emergency match while you're sweating bullets(Please light!..Please Light!.. :o )..
For quick-deflation of a Sevylor canoe when you're too lazy to wait or in a hurry for the air to come out on its own.. :shock:
For checking the depth of the glaciers on Mount Rainier..a little at a time... when you are getting paid by the hour... :roll: ... :lol:
(I hike more Mountain Loop Highway because it's closer to my house and usually not as crowded..so I'd borrow it and use it on Three Fingers.. ;) ..)
For carving your initials on all the signs in MRNP... :mrgreen:

:lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:00 pm

Cuz, you crack me up! :lol: :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:06 pm

Hey..what can I say..It's raining cats and dogs here and I'm BORED.. :lol:
I'm setting up three craigs sales at the moment,one shipped to Yakima,a folding mountain bike to Whidbey Island(yep..might be selling the Montague and the Fuji MTB folders and waiting for someone to pickup the cannondale..might not come through from Vancouver,WA..Grrr),and some diving bags to Issaquah..just waiting on emails... :roll:(I need a "twiddling my thumbs" smilie)
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Bfinnigan

Postby Bfinnigan » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:56 pm

You now have kept me busy well into 2011. :roll: The rapid canoe deflation wand is an excellent idea, I shall start with that one. :lol:

Rain? Slightly north of Seattle surely you're kidding! That is why I have my metal and wood shop. Doesn't matter what the weather is I am creating and making messes.
Even a bad day on the mountain is better than a good day at the office.

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:59 pm

..I am creating and making messes.

Believe me if I could get into my garage and shop..I'd be there also. :lol: Why do you think I'm selling bicycles!My herd has out grown my barn at about 15..I'm slimmin' that back down to 9-10..
I do need to get out there and at least clean off the 18" depth on my work table..mostly stove crap. :lol:

Rain? Slightly north of Seattle surely you're kidding!
I suggest packing a mask,fins, and snorkel for driving the freeways up here today..appropriate attire. :evil:

sudden

Postby sudden » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:19 pm

Bfinnigan wrote:I rarely design and build something that does not have redundancy or dual use. . :DP:

Dual use or redundancy. Hmmmm.

The idea of a striker still makes the most sense. The rod portion shows a lot of wear, almost polished. A small sharpening steel maybe? You might also use the other end to drill a hole in something....but why???? :?

The tube would work for a couple of different knots.
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:35 pm

Hmm..he makes knives and hatchets..that sharpening steel maybe one of its purposes.

You might also use the other end to drill a hole in something....but why???? :?

Maybe he's like me on the trail and bakes a lot of muffins.That drill is for another hole in his belt when he's had too many... ;)

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:08 pm

Cuz, take that bime collection down to four and put two of those at the other house THEN you will have some more tinkering/sewing room. :P :lol: So you have a 56 200A lantern? I am drooling.(my birth year but what month?) I have a 220E from 56 on my birth month. I have a loft filled with lanterns. I need to thin them out like your bikes. :oops:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:47 pm

3/56

Return to “Mystery Tool - What is it??????”