Mystery Tool 47

A hand held tool or device, see if you can guess what it is.
zelph

Mystery Tool 47

Postby zelph » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:33 pm

Another modern one. No hints on this one. Hand held tool :D

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

DaddyMnM

Re: Mystery Tool 47

Postby DaddyMnM » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:08 am

I had trouble telling at first if this is open or closed. At first I thought it looked like a bowl. Now it appears to be a translucent solid with a laminate top. Can't tell how big from the picture, but you did say hand held.

It seems to be an optical lens or diffuser of some sort, but the laminate appears to be opaque. And what job does it do? Hopeful something less mundane than a paper weight. I suppose it could be a form of some type, but why translucent? And is it right side up?

Is it a handle to be glued onto something being ground or polished? I'm stumped as usual.

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:45 pm

DaddyMnM wrote:I had trouble telling at first if this is open or closed. At first I thought it looked like a bowl. Now it appears to be a translucent solid with a laminate top. Can't tell how big from the picture, but you did say hand held.

It seems to be an optical lens or diffuser of some sort, but the laminate appears to be opaque. And what job does it do? Hopeful something less mundane than a paper weight. I suppose it could be a form of some type, but why translucent? And is it right side up?

Is it a handle to be glued onto something being ground or polished? I'm stumped as usual.

I cant answer your questions in fear of giving clues to it's identity :D Especially. so early on in the quest for the answer :mrgreen:

oops56

Postby oops56 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:43 pm

Its to look at photo negatives
Man play with fire man get burnt

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:39 pm

Are you showing us the entire tool or just part of a tool? Looks like some kind of container for liquid, paint, etc. I will assume it is upside down and perhaps there is a handle on the back side. Maybe it is some sort of magnifyer or maybe we are clueless as usual. :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

rigidpsycho

Postby rigidpsycho » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:12 pm

It looks to me like you could use this to smash up herbs an such in a bowel. Or it a very decorative drawer knob.

zelph

Postby zelph » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:33 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:Are you showing us the entire tool or just part of a tool? Looks like some kind of container for liquid, paint, etc. I will assume it is upside down and perhaps there is a handle on the back side. Maybe it is some sort of magnifyer or maybe we are clueless as usual. :lol:

It's the entire tool.
It's of modern times, should I go back to older ones? :D

heckdog

Postby heckdog » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:42 am

Whine-Stopper (if I get it right)

Pure Mahem

Postby Pure Mahem » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:58 am

lamp shade! :mrgreen:
"Lad I don't know where you've been. But, I see you won first prize!"

beemerphill

Postby beemerphill » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:33 am

This one is TOO hard!!! I'm just guessing to be a good sport and participate.
It is a tool for polishing or burnishing. I can't wait to find out what it really is.

Return to “Mystery Tool - What is it??????”