WallyWorld Clearence!

Have some lightweight gear to be rid of for one reason or another, post it here!!!
Ridgerunner

WallyWorld Clearence!

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:39 pm

Just a FYI; I was in WallyWorld this afternoon and seen the Outdoors Products Skyline backpack reduced to $25 and the Sawyer filtering water bottle was $10 off reg. retail.
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Re: WallyWorld Clearence!

Postby zelph » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:06 pm

Thanks for the Heads-Up :DB: :DP: :DB:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:16 pm

The Sawyer filtering water bottle was $30; down from $40. I will keep an eye one them. I might pick them up if they come down some more. :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:21 pm

I'll check on the ones down south on Monday. I spend lots of money on vacations, stimulate the economy :mrgreen:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

sudden

Postby sudden » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:37 pm

Is the sawyer water bottle the one you can modify to use the filter with a bag type container?
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

ConnieD

Postby ConnieD » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:58 pm

The Sawyer filter and tubing, yes, and a very good price. Do use "food grade" tubing and push-on connectors with the plastic water bags of your choice. Use the bottle and filter for "in the field" if you like, as well. Either way. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sawyer-Inline ... le/8283710

I am getting the REI Sawyer 3-Way Inline Water Filter, to use for backpacking and at home. It already has the connectors in the "kit". I have connectors from before, but these are very nice "quick disconnects". I am using the member's sale 20% off and my REI dividend.

The Sawyer filter is rated for 1 million gallons. Nevertheless, I use a prefilter for sediment or small debris.

sudden

Postby sudden » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:34 pm

ConnieD wrote:The Sawyer filter and tubing, yes, and a very good price. Do use "food grade" tubing and push-on connectors with the plastic water bags of your choice. Use the bottle and filter for "in the field" if you like, as well. Either way. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sawyer-Inline ... le/8283710

I am getting the REI Sawyer 3-Way Inline Water Filter, to use for backpacking and at home. It already has the connectors in the "kit". I have connectors from before, but these are very nice "quick disconnects". I am using the member's sale 20% off and my REI dividend.

The Sawyer filter is rated for 1 million gallons. Nevertheless, I use a prefilter for sediment or small debris.

thx
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:33 pm

[quote]The Sawyer filter is rated for 1 million gallons[/quote] :shock: :o

Well a picture of the filter shows "good for 500 gallons"...not quite a million... ;)
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:42 am

That's the one----500Gal. $30 right now ;)

JollyRogers

Postby JollyRogers » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:19 am

realityguy wrote:
The Sawyer filter is rated for 1 million gallons[/quote] :shock: :o

Well a picture of the filter shows "good for 500 gallons"...not quite a million... ;)

Must be that "new" math. :mrgreen:

Return to “New and Used Gear For Sale”