Lightly Used TNF Backpacking Bivy

Have some lightweight gear to be rid of for one reason or another, post it here!!!
David@Whiteblaze

Lightly Used TNF Backpacking Bivy

Postby David@Whiteblaze » Thu May 20, 2010 6:48 pm

Last August, I bought a TNF Backpacking Bivy, but I bought it from a cheaper site, so I couldn't return it when I found it was too small. Bought: $150 (+shipping). Used in backyard: 1 night, 3 or 4 setups, used in grassy/ damp area, 2 nights, 2 setups, free of rocks and debris. pine-needles, 2 nights, 1 setup. I am asking $100 shipped CONUS, add in extra shipping for intl. Comes with manual and original pastic shipping sleeve (insert ooh's and aah's here... :) ).just post or PM if interested. Pictures are here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=24005&id=100000152100487&l=ee2394edbf I will/have been posting this at different sites, so beware it may sell...

realityguy

Re: Lightly Used TNF Backpacking Bivy

Postby realityguy » Thu May 20, 2010 8:29 pm

Define "too small" :o ..How large are you?Bivy was too short,diameter,shoulders? Too confining with a bag? How large are you,your pack,and your boots?..Did you need to use a tarp to go with it?..Just wondering what too small means to you... :?:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

David@Whiteblaze

Postby David@Whiteblaze » Thu May 20, 2010 8:42 pm

I honestly just didn't enjoy the small space, I would rather have a hammock, but it will fit 6'+ the ventilation isn't the best and I'm hiking in Fl/Ga/Al, so heat is a problem... when I say ventilation, I mean I had a really poofy synthetic bag that blocked the vent... boots would fit, but I didn't bother as I was at a base camp...

David@Whiteblaze

Postby David@Whiteblaze » Thu May 20, 2010 8:50 pm

PM Sent on HammockForums, please Stand By.

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Thu May 20, 2010 10:25 pm

That's what I thought also about the "small".I don't think I would enjoy a bivy,even though I have a couple and have never used them.I always assumed a person might have to pack a tarp along for general cover, for their boots, and pack.It would make for more sleeping out in the open without a tent overhead,and under the stars.In the right area and the right weather it could be a wonderful thing..but I don't personally think the Pacific NW is the place for one.
Thanks for being honest!..I couldn't ask the question without being "realityguy". :lol: Some people like bivies, enjoy them,and their compact size;to each his own pleasures!...Good luck on your sale. ;)
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

David@Whiteblaze

Postby David@Whiteblaze » Fri May 21, 2010 8:56 am

yeah, well I agree, the only way you could get me to use this again would be to: A. Somehow convince me that all the shelters are great, so I stay there except the one night in the bivy... B. burn every other tent in the world (hey, forget sleeping in it, I can make a killing :D ) and bring me on a trail without shelters... All of that to say:
The bivy is no longer on hold and is open for sale/purchse :?:

David@Whiteblaze

Postby David@Whiteblaze » Sun May 23, 2010 12:16 pm

well, yet again, I'm in the proccess of selling it... keep posted...

David@Whiteblaze

Postby David@Whiteblaze » Tue May 25, 2010 4:02 pm

Bivy is sold Pending Funds, backup buyer is in line...

Happy Trails and all that...

-Hikes with No-Sweat

David@Whiteblaze

Postby David@Whiteblaze » Tue May 25, 2010 10:14 pm

Bivy is Sold!!! :mrgreen:

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue May 25, 2010 10:17 pm

Congrats David! One less piece of gear to store! :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Return to “New and Used Gear For Sale”