Nice camp stove, notice the simple air regulator

Videos of the do-it-yourself stoves.
realityguy

Re: Nice camp stove, notice the simple air regulator

Postby realityguy » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:23 pm

Side number four could have a 90 degree top(for the oven when closed) and a spice/cooking/utensil shelf when open... :o

I hope we get royalties for improvement suggestions... ;)

:lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:56 pm

The first modification was overkill :o that was the one he took the original one handed handle and put on the two handed one that looked like it added 10 pounds to it. :o
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

cadyak

Postby cadyak » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:53 pm

There are many features of this stove that I like. Great for the hunting camp :D

The double handle does look a little redundant and heavy but it looks easy to get a grip on.

I have a batch of stainless nesting medical containers that I have been wanting to make into camp stoves that would use the same air regulator concept. They are really heavy duty though and I havent figured how best to drill. Actually the main drill I have been using for years is dying. :x It is close to 10 yrs old but I havent been able to find one that goes as fast as this one. At least for the thinner stainless, speed is key.

zelph

Postby zelph » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:11 pm

cadyak wrote:There are many features of this stove that I like. Great for the hunting camp :D

The double handle does look a little redundant and heavy but it looks easy to get a grip on.

I have a batch of stainless nesting medical containers that I have been wanting to make into camp stoves that would use the same air regulator concept. They are really heavy duty though and I havent figured how best to drill. Actually the main drill I have been using for years is dying. :x It is close to 10 yrs old but I havent been able to find one that goes as fast as this one. At least for the thinner stainless, speed is key.

I watched the video again and can see the air regulator is inside the stove where twigs and ash may clog the space between regulator and stove wall. I would make it so that the regulator is on the outside. Just a thought.

I agree, heavy stainless steel is a "challenge" to say the least.
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “YouTube's Finest Stovies”