Have we seen this one yet? I like the pot he found.

Videos of the do-it-yourself stoves.
sudden

Have we seen this one yet? I like the pot he found.

Postby sudden » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:43 pm

I need to look for that coffee! Just for the can.
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

zelph

Re: Have we seen this one yet? I like the pot he found.

Postby zelph » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:07 am

Nice kit, nice pot, nice simmer device and stove. I tried to find the pot on google but no luck :shock:
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:01 pm

One dollar,my A$$..it's a local thing here..NOT CHEAP!
http://www.google.com/search?q=illy+cof ... =firefox-a

So..the cheap bastard isn't as cheap as he says he is. :roll: I have seen the coffee at a liquidator's store for something like $8..thought the same thing..but also thought it still is too expensive!..so I'M THE CHEAPER BASTARD! :lol:

Note: keep in mind the 8oz is ground coffee,not water..they are bigger than that....
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:22 pm

Maybe his folks or someone he knows drinks that brand coffee so the can is a byproduct heading for trash so it is free to him ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

sudden

Postby sudden » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:41 pm

I think he finds them in the trash somewhere in canada. I've never seen the name before.
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

MrClean

Postby MrClean » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:00 pm

Yes, he says that at the very start. He's pulled everything in the video out of the trash or off the street except the lighter which cost him once dollar.

But I don't know if thats American or Canadian.
From somewhere near Parkville, Mo.
William Crane
aka MrClean

You live. You learn.
Well anyways, you live.

ConnieD

Postby ConnieD » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:03 pm

I like how he turns the windscreen upside down; he has got his simmer ring and cover. Nice.

I like the greek olives container. No luck, online, finding that.

I have seen that brand of coffee, in San Francisco, CA. It is truly expensive.

I notice he uses his windscreen 1/4-inch away from his pot. In fact, a number of things made me think he might be someone I know, here, in this forum. Maybe he is a forum lurker, here.

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:59 pm

es, he says that at the very start. He's pulled everything in the video out of the trash or off the street except the lighter which cost him once dollar.

I'm pretty sure he says this is what YOU can put together for $1..I hope you're searching the same trash cans he is. :roll: :lol:

If you have to buy the stuff, it'll probably cost ya a twenty.. ;)

If I recall..the can was a tin one with a bottom seam..I've seen better ones made out of aluminum with the rounded bottom,probably hold up better as a pot and heat faster.I have one somewhere but don't recall what product it was.. :roll:

here's one like mine:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-LUXOR-P ... 0627897958

But it only holds a maximum of 10oz of water to the rim of the lower half.I used to use it for coffee for day trips with a small stove,windscreen,matches,striker patch, and 1 to 2oz bottle of heet inside..but since I have my stainless coffee presses now I don't really use it for that any more.For reference..the one in the auction is 4-5/8" high and 2-1/2" in diameter,overlap on the cap about 1/2".The cap can be used as a drinking cup(4oz)..and the container w/ cap weighs 40 grams.
One more interesting thing about the Luxor container..a person could build a stove right into the lid portion of the pot using the lip that slides inside as the potstand..Hmm..maybe a small silicone lid for the pot that rolls inside with the other stuff.. :roll: ..yeah..i've thought about it..or just a starlyte stove or something..Hmm..I just discovered a fancy feast can fits inside the cap like a glove except for the rim... :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:16 am

Yeah, I like the looks of the pot, nice and shiny. Gotta be steel. 3 cupper? I looked this evening at a Highlander store locally, no got.
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

MrClean

Postby MrClean » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:59 am

Trash is everywhere. You just have to know which bits to keep. He's not saying go out and find the exact components he is using merely showing what he IS using. It's not a shopping list its a show and tell. And, if you happen upon the right type of components, you too could put together a complete kit. Find those lighters on sale or pinch one from a friend and you could have it for under a dollar.
From somewhere near Parkville, Mo.
William Crane
aka MrClean

You live. You learn.
Well anyways, you live.

Return to “YouTube's Finest Stovies”