how not too cook

Discuss commercially made camp kitchen items.
oops56

how not too cook

Postby oops56 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:06 am

first cant light the stove not know how to open a can and the hash can it sit in the hot water leave it boiling with cover be ready to fry http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3f0D7rk0Qc
Man play with fire man get burnt

Ridgerunner

Re: how not too cook

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:26 am

Rookies!!! I think they should do a bit more research on camp cooking :lol: I will give them credit in that despite the elements, they are attempting to enjoy the great outdoors! ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:17 am

Nice review of the Trangia and propane lighter in cold weather ;) The cans of food sat in the snow freezing :roll: I like how the one guy throws the phone away :lol: I was waiting for the canister to blow behind all that windscreen. It looks like they had fun learning. I thought for sure they would cut themselves with the knives while opening the can. Was that the can with a pull tab top :?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

DaddyMnM

Postby DaddyMnM » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:37 am

I could be wrong but the way those snow flakes were sticking together when they fell it doesn't look that cold. In extreme cold weather snow does not stick together like that as it falls. I am surprised the alcohol was so hard to light.

That said, they could have done a number of things to make lighting the stove easier. They could have carried the alcohol and stove inside their coat pockets to keep them warm up until they needed them. Should of had his butane lighter in an inside pocket as well. They could have ripped a strip of the newspaper and used it and the Zippo to light the stove. They could have drizzled a little alcohol on the top of the stove to preheat it and make lighting it with the Zippo easier. Could even light a strip of paper to preheat the stove if it is that cold.

I suppose the newspaper was to keep the foam pad from melting, but the paper could catch fire inside the windscreen just as well. Surprised that wasn't a problem.

Think I would have tried my setup at home first before I was outside depending on it.

Probably would be a bit funnier of a video if I could understand Russian. Wonder what they were saying.

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:59 pm

Probably would be a bit funnier of a video if I could understand Russian. Wonder what they were saying.

More than likely they were saying..#@&*%$ STARTER!,#@&*%$ STOVE!,#@&*%$ BUTANE!,#@&*%$ COLD!!

:lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:57 pm

realityguy wrote:

More than likely they were saying..#@&*%$ STARTER!,#@&*%$ STOVE!,#@&*%$ BUTANE!,#@&*%$ COLD!!

:lol:

I didn't know you spoke Russian!!!! :P

Hey, did you notice they had Ice fishing gear in the box. It must have been at the end of the day and said humph!!! no fish, we might as well eat the canned muskox. If they had caught something, for sure they would have been cooking it, right?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Stoves, Cooksets and All Things Cooking”