Anybody tried this Stanley product yet?

Discuss commercially made camp kitchen items.
burleyolebear

Anybody tried this Stanley product yet?

Postby burleyolebear » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:28 am

I saw this at Wally world the other day and it made my mind wander...
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Stanley-Adven ... ./16784405

It looks quite useful...

zelph

Re: Anybody tried this Stanley product yet?

Postby zelph » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:13 am

Mine wander off making a wood burner out of it :shock:

Product in Inches (L x W x H): 4.0 x 3.5 x 9.6

I wonder if the stainless part is 4.0 x 3.5 What did you see at WallyWorld in regards to that?

Re: simmer poll
by burleyolebear » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:30 am

I do like to actually cook...

I'm a little late getting to you on that :o What are a couple of meals that you actually cook and do you simmer?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:40 pm

I checked it out the other day at WallyWorld! It states it is not meant to be used for hot liquids. I assume this is due to possibly deforming the seal which is attached to the bottom of the top half of the bottle. Seems to me that the Ss bottom could be used as a Cookpot and when the top is attached, it could be a used to carry water as a canteen. Now, if it only had a handle :roll: ......you could always use one of Zelph's silicone pot wraps ;) The bottle has unique possibilities :geek:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

burleyolebear

Postby burleyolebear » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:42 am

Yeah, even if I can't carry my coffee in it with the lid on, I can still BREW my coffee in it without the lid on. The multitask properties of this may make it a weight saver.
Zelph, you asked what I like to cook:
that all depends, if I'm in the southeast mountains in June I'm probably gonna make blueberry pancakes, provided the deer have left some berries. I usually pack rice or couscous. I like to carry olive oil and usually some sort of baking or cornbread mix, just in case. The fishing might be good, or their may be some wild onions or garlic that would mix well with the jerky after I soak it. Once in a while I may run into some mustard wort or Solomon's seal and want to make a stew. My boys actually like to catch crawdads, then we have the makings for an etoufee or even some lightweight gumbo, not to mention a scampi. If i'm in the smokies, there's no telling what may be dined upon with the multifarious flora that grows year round. To help understand my philosophy, I may have times when I cover a lot of ground, but I never rush the times along the trail when we sit to nourish ourselves, both of food and the wilderness about us. Simmering something delicious gives us a moment to reflect, a moment of anticipation to savor the goodness slowly bubbling atop a homemade burner. I do also occasionally take freeze dried meals or even nothing but rich trail mix for a weekender but I always like to have options...

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:24 pm

zelph wrote:Mine wander off making a wood burner out of it :shock:

Product in Inches (L x W x H): 4.0 x 3.5 x 9.6

I wonder if the stainless part is 4.0 x 3.5 What did you see at WallyWorld in regards to that?

The stainless portion is about 6 3/8" in height, just under 3 1/2" in diameter at the top, and just under 2 3/4" across at the bottom. It also has graduation marks for 16 oz. and for 20 oz. ;) I picked one up to tinker with but for now, it is a spillproof ice water container for work 8-)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:43 pm

The stainless portion is about 6 3/8" in height, just under 3 1/2" in diameter at the top, and just under 2 3/4" across at the bottom

I was hoping for 3 1/2 by 4. thanks for getting those for me. :)

To help understand my philosophy, I may have times when I cover a lot of ground, but I never rush the times along the trail when we sit to nourish ourselves, both of food and the wilderness about us. Simmering something delicious gives us a moment to reflect, a moment of anticipation to savor the goodness slowly bubbling atop a homemade burner

Nice....that's a philosophy all us should have. My mind wandered there for a bit thinking about crawdad tails peeled and quick fried in olive oil using a "one egg wonder" skillet over a homeade burner. A few pieces of minced garlic in there also to freshen them up.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Stoves, Cooksets and All Things Cooking”