Coffee

Discuss commercially made camp kitchen items.
joyee

Re: Coffee

Postby joyee » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:20 am

I have seen those bags for sale..Well coffee bag doesn't have a great look but if have a great koozie.
Koozie really give a great display ...

ConnieD

Postby ConnieD » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:23 pm

I found Trader Joe's Instant Columbian coffee, makes a crema, prepared as I described as well.

I noticed the water should not have large "roiling boil" bubbles more than about 3-seconds for best taste.

The air boils out of the water, making "stale water" if the water is at a "roiling boil" too much time.

I am discovering more secrets of good tasting coffee for the trail.

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:02 am

I found Trader Joe's Instant Columbian coffee, makes a crema, prepared as I described as well.

Have you seen one of those steel coffee cans discussed in a recent thread? I beleive it was suppose to be at Trader Joe's.
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

ConnieD

Postby ConnieD » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:03 am

No, I don't get to go to Trader Joe's in Montana.

I have to go to Trader Joe's on the West Coast.

I did write, asking Trader Joe's to open up a store here. The tourists for Glacier National Park, MT would like a Trader Joe's. Trader Joe's has great backpacking "trail food".

Trader Joe's would do well in Kalispell, MT. I would rather have Trader's Joe's in Cut Bank, MT. We have an empty store they could have for great backpacking "trail food". Then, Albertson's would have a challenger, here, locally.

I am thinking freeze-dry coffee isn't so bad, at all, once you get the preparation technique down pat.

I can carry my favorite creamers, in a small plastic bottle like the squirt bottle for alcohol stoves.

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:21 pm

Have you seen one of those steel coffee cans discussed in a recent thread? I beleive it was suppose to be at Trader Joe's.

I saw several cans of the stuff at a liquidator's store in Everett,about 10 miles north of here..still there from probablt a year before and still too pricey.i bought a new chainsaw instead.. :mrgreen:
:lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:40 am

before and still too pricey.i bought a new chainsaw instead..

That's an investment in something called "work"

coffee is an investment in "play" :P

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:10 am

That's an investment in something called "work"

That's an investment in keeping our butts warm NEXT winter..
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:54 pm

How many schainsaws do you have now that you just bought another one :P

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:10 pm

It's not how many I have..It's how many I have working..I've got some serious logging to do this year so bought one with a 20" bar..I don't normally like using large saws,too hard on the back.I have a couple stihls that need fixing,but the parts cost as much as the one I bought.The one I bought is a Ryobi 20" bar one that was a demo and hasn't used on wood..for $110(about 1/2 price).I need to get my Stihl 020 avp fixed but the coil for it is up to about $123 last time I checked..I have a small 015av and 011 also,couple echos.. :roll: ..that I don't want to deal with fixing right now.
Someone called me today about an item on craigslist for $70..turns out she lives about a mile from the other place,right between me and Lake Crescent..so the next trip will be paid for like the last bicycle I delivered up there.. :lol:

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:45 pm

Ok!!! I concede....you can never have too many chainsaws :lol:

Return to “Stoves, Cooksets and All Things Cooking”