Why the Heine pot?

Discuss commercially made camp kitchen items.
JollyRogers

Re: Why the Heine pot?

Post by JollyRogers » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:42 am

I agree that one of the most attractive features of the ROF stove is the low center of gravity. Also I suspect that the flames on the side work very well since you have a greater contact area. Not to mention that if you have cold water in the pot, convection will naturally draw heat into the sides of the pot. My issue is that it isn't versatile for various pot sizes. You can't go from say a Heine pot to a 1 1/2qt cook pot with the same stove. I suppose you could if you added a pot stand, but the stove by itself has to be purpose built for 1 size pot to truly be efficient.

sudden

Post by sudden » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:36 pm

This guy has a neat idea for a pot. Probably not big enough for your kit but has a nice dual function with the lid.
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:11 pm

I was going to get one of those coffee decanters the other day at the thrift store but they wanted $4 for the thing! $:o! I have too many pots already.They are nice that they stack..but the coffee was the only one there...nice size!
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:22 pm

My issue is that it isn't versatile for various pot sizes. You can't go from say a Heine pot to a 1 1/2qt cook pot with the same stove. I suppose you could if you added a pot stand, but the stove by itself has to be purpose built for 1 size pot to truly be efficient.
The ROF evolved so all different size pots could be used. I'll see if I can find a photo of one.

View this thread over at Whiteblaze.net to see how the design advanced so that diff. pots could be used.

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showpos ... tcount=131
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Blazinator

Post by Blazinator » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:58 am

I agree, I recently went out and made a couple of Heineken pots...I was very unimpressed. I'll stick to my tried and true set. I did replace the stove with my "mole" stove which has been working out nicely. :mrgreen:

JollyRogers

Post by JollyRogers » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:27 am

zelph wrote:
My issue is that it isn't versatile for various pot sizes. You can't go from say a Heine pot to a 1 1/2qt cook pot with the same stove. I suppose you could if you added a pot stand, but the stove by itself has to be purpose built for 1 size pot to truly be efficient.
The ROF evolved so all different size pots could be used. I'll see if I can find a photo of one.

View this thread over at Whiteblaze.net to see how the design advanced so that diff. pots could be used.

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showpos ... tcount=131
Very nice.