coffee set-up

Discuss commercially made camp kitchen items.
irrationalsolutions

coffee set-up

Postby irrationalsolutions » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:37 pm

this comes from a thread on another forum.

i cant seem to find a coffee set-up that works for me, its not a real big problem. it allows me to try new set-ups until i find the one for me. anyway, what coffee set-up do ya'll use? i just ordered a 700ml ti pot so my entire cooking kit is about to change.
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

zelph

Re: coffee set-up

Postby zelph » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:41 pm

SwissMiss dump, pour, stir, drink MmmmmGoood :D
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:46 pm

Folgers coffee bags. Also have a box of tea/coffee bags that you can put your own favorite tea, coffee, etc. in and use like a tea bag. skids has a filter system that works well with his Ziploc kitchen setup. ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Mister Krabs

Postby Mister Krabs » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:27 am

rigidpsycho

Postby rigidpsycho » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:43 am

here's one I found on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd2Fu_IK ... re=channel. hope this helps. I know this isn't a comercially made coffee set-up, but with all of us DIY stovies I thought this was interesting.

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:19 pm

rigidpsycho wrote:here's one I found on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd2Fu_IK ... re=channel. hope this helps. I know this isn't a comercially made coffee set-up, but with all of us DIY stovies I thought this was interesting.

Don'tcha just love those DIY'ers :D
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

JOE(USA)

Postby JOE(USA) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:28 pm

irrationalsolutions wrote:this comes from a thread on another forum.

i cant seem to find a coffee set-up that works for me, its not a real big problem. it allows me to try new set-ups until i find the one for me. anyway, what coffee set-up do ya'll use? i just ordered a 700ml ti pot so my entire cooking kit is about to change.

If you are into ultralight this won't work, but I use this method for day hikes: Make some extra strong espresso at home and put it in a appropriate plastic bottle. When you are making a hot meal, pour yourself a cup of boiling water then just add a shot or two of the espresso to make a GREAT cup of "Cafe Americano". You can go to REI and buy the same thing, it's called "Javajuice". Joe

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:53 am

or just buy a steeper. Put your coffee in it, swirl it around in your boiling water, and your ready for joe ! ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

irrationalsolutions

Postby irrationalsolutions » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:20 am

i saw a video on youtube a while back i think it was from epicstove i could be wrong about that but it was different. i havent tried it yet but it was something like a hole cut in a heiny pot with a faucet screen put in it to drain the grounds out. i remember thinking it was a cool idea but never tried it. has anyone here tried it? i would like to know how it really worked out.
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

sheilmolson

Postby sheilmolson » Mon May 20, 2013 6:05 am

Well, I don't use any specific coffee set-up rather I specially use a water filter which not only helps me in cooking tea, coffee and other cooking but, it also helps to kill the germs from the water. The water filter is easy to install and can be mounted to any type of wall. It also gives both cold and hot water for kitchen uses.

Return to “Stoves, Cooksets and All Things Cooking”